Mar 23, 2006

Deluge in Dallas

Zane and I went up to North Texas for a visit on Sunday. It took us 5 hours to get there instead of the normal 2 1/2 - 3 hours. We got caught in some flooding in the downtown Dallas area. It took us 1 1/2 hours to go no more than 10 miles, seriously. Most of the exits in that area were closed but I could see some people had tried and failed to navigate the flood waters. The following made me a bit nervous 1) we had no food 2) our drinks were gone 3) I was running low on gas 4) it was way past Zane's dinner time and 5) if we got stranded who knows how long it would have taken for someone to rescue us. I knew we would be alright if we just stayed on the highway. At one point it also looked a lot like tornado weather. But it passed quickly and I don't think there were any in the area. Once we hit Mockingbird it opened up and felt as if we were the only ones on the road. Fortunately, Zane did alright with the extended trip. He was on his second run of Snow White. I don't think he would have lasted much longer, though.
We finally made it to our destination. We stayed for 3 nights. I had a blast. We got to spend a lot of time with my family; translation- lots of card games. That's what we Lynches do best. I got in a little bit of shopping, to include a scrapbook store called Recollections. Great store. I got to see Abe's cousin, Aly, who was passing through from California. I haven't seen her in 10 years. And I went to David's Bridal to try on the bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding. It is beautiful. We had a very busy schedule while there and it never seems like we have enough time. Now I can honestly say that I am going through game withdrawal. Playing cards and games is probably my favorite pastime and I obviously don't get to do it much right now. Beware Tracy, I will have you playing some 2 player games in no time. It has to be done.
Since we returned home, we have just been busy getting back into our routine. Tracy was kind enough to cook for us last night. That was greatly appreciated. I never feel like cooking after coming home from a roadtrip. I will repay her on Sunday with some of my yummy pork ribs. I made a trip to the grocery store today and got some things done around the house. Abe is doing well. He has been busy with some missions recently. He had today off and was looking forward to not doing much. There are just a few pics from our week in the photo collection at right. Enjoy the upcoming weekend, everyone.

1 comment:

ChristyR said...

Can't believe you didn't hit the Scrap Bucket! You must next time, Britt and I went twice we liked it so much. Recollections does have everything so you had all your bases covered really. It took me like four hours to get home when I left Dallas but that was due to road work-glad you made it okay.