Mar 10, 2006

Two Years Ago...

The following post comes from a calendar I kept on Zane. The calendar is basically just a record keeping tool for baby's first year. What you are about to read is from March, 2004. He turned 5 months old.

Weight: 20 pounds (as of 3/24)
Your favorite toy: I would have to say your butterfly rattle, which is one of the first toys we gave you. And Taylor gave you her talking Kermit the Frog which you just love. Your face lights up when you hear him sing.
Things that make you smile: Familiar toys and faces and voices. You also like watching Baby Einstein videos. I can tell you recognize them when you smile at the start of one. We laid in the grass at the park one day and every time the wind blew you would smile and giggle.

Other important firsts: You took your first plane ride when just you and I went to VA to visit friends. There were four flights all together. You did extremely well. The only time you cried is when we were delayed for take-off once, and the plane got uncomfortably warm. You slept during one of the take-offs and two landings. The other passengers were impressed. You put your right foot in your mouth on the 11th. You like sucking on your toes. On the 17th you rolled over from your back to your stomach. Daddy and I are very excited for you. It seems like you are changing very quickly now. On the 21st you started sticking your tongue out at us. Daddy caught a couple very cute pictures of it.


5 comments:

Rinny said...

Okay. He is just about the cutest thing. He has your eyes, and Abe's personality with the tongue thing. I can't wait to teach our kids how to do that! Zane looks just the same. He has a very cute and distinctive face. Hope to see you soon!

Jenna said...

This is so sweet. Both Zane and family to come will love having these records to look back on. When I was in my early 20's, my father gave me a little diary he kept about me when I was a baby. It's precious.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Beth! The calander is great. Your scrap booking adventures are even greater. I started a diary of Abe when he was two, but in all my many moves, I lost his too. Y'all will treasure the memories you are saving.

I'm very impressed with your canvas for the baby's room. (He may not be in a few years, with that naked cowboy shot!) You could make a bigger one with a cowboy theme - with or without photos. I have some huge canvases around here if you would like one. I might even be persuaded to paint some kind of cowboy thing for Zane's room, if you would like it.

You are very creative and have a good eye for design. Don't stress about it, though! Just have fun! Poor husbands. The things they have to sacrifice for us. (Old worn-out jeans, etc.) The next thing you know, Abe will have some rotting concert t-shirs incorporated into your art work!! And one more thing. You might want to try to pare that amount of guilt you're carrying around to just a little.. Nothing wrong with pack-ratting some art supplies for several years - just look them as works in progress. Have you ever noticed in museums that some really famous paintings took YEARS to finish??
- LOVE Y'ALL!

Team Manager said...

Chris,
You may be on to something with the old concert T-shirts. Heaven knows, Abe has a ton and he never wears them. I could cut out the artwork and make a canvas collage out of them. What do you think, Abe??

And, I would love for you to paint something for Zane's room. How awesome would that be for him to have forever!! So what do I have to do to persuade you??

B

ChristyR said...

Nice! It's neat to keep records of stuff like that. I have a journal my mom kept of me and it had lots of pages left in it so I use it to record Devin's growth each year.