Mar 8, 2006

Born Again Scrapper

A while ago, my friend, Christine, challenged me to post my first scrapbooking pages. I have here, several firsts. The first picture is truly my first attempt at scrapbooking. The content you see there is me in kindergarten. The boy next to me is Chuckie Coats. We were married on a school bus at the ripe old age of 5 or 6. I wonder where he is now. Back to the subject at hand. I don’t even think the paper I was using in those first pages is acid free and safe for archiving.
The second picture is my first scrapbook page after investing $$$ in Creative Memories. Obviously, the content there is our wedding. So, that page was probably done sometime in 2000. I’ll be the first to admit that I bought way too much Creative Memories stuff, especially since it sat in my closet for the next 5 years, basically untouched. I am still carrying a great deal of guilt about that. Now I am on another kick to get some scrappin’ done. I have been buying up some new supplies in the past few weeks, almost all of which have been on sale. No more Creative Memories for me. Their stuff just isn’t as cute as what you can find in stores and it is still overpriced, in my opinion. I will definitely be able to use some of the tools I bought from them. I guess the other things I know I will never use, will be donated to my sisters or sold on Ebay.
The last two pictures are the pages I completed, today. They are the first ones I have done in the past 5 years and since restocking. I’m not sure how I feel about them. I think one thing I definitely want to change (if I can do it without messing them up) are the letters spelling out “play” and “love”. After I put them on there I realized maybe they don’t quite coordinate with the rest of the project. I’m thinking metal letters would look better. All you fellow scrappers out there…feel free to give me your honest, constructive criticism. This is a learning process and I am ready to learn. I hope that with all the cute pictures I have accumulated of Zane, I will be able to stay motivated this time around.



4 comments:

ChristyR said...

It's true-she loves kids. I think the pages are great and your first pages aren't bad at all! They are quite good. Maybe a battered women's shelter would like your old stuff...if you don't want to sell it! I'm happy you are getting into it! Your new pages are good. I like the blue letters...I would leave them!

Jenna said...

My gosh...Zane had the bluest baby eyes. So cute. Now see, I was thinking how well the letters go with the whole page, because the diamond pattern in the background kind of looks like a quilt pattern and the letters have the stitching around them, so it all kind of ties together with the sewn look. :o) I love the blue and brown theme.

Rinny said...

Okay.....I am starting to think that you scrapbooking people are some form of cultist environment that I am not so sure I am ready to jump into. Beth! 5 years you have been doing this? I can't stay committed to learning how to crochet! I just image all the blankets I could make for christmas gifts. But just don't have the knowledge yet. Guess I will take a class.

Honestly, all this creative stuff is really not helping me knock myself out of baby making stage. Help a sister out, Lady!!!!! You ready for some Bunco/Bunko on the 22nd?

ChristyR said...

Love Rinny's comment...cultist environment! Am I the leader? I believe Tracy said at one time it was an underground network or something but no there are thousands of us!!! Love it!