
I have taken some pictures of Zane in the past couple of days that really capture his spirit. There are a few more in the photo collection at right. We were just playing and enjoying each other. There is nothing like making your children laugh, giggle, holler, smile, squeal, enjoy! Zane has really started initiating playtime with me. He will come and grab me by the hand or shirt and drag me over to a toy or something of interest. And if I try to get up in the middle of playing with him, he notices and drags me back. This is a new thing. Unless he needed something, he used to just play and not seem to notice too much of what was going on around him. It is apparent, perhaps for the first time, that he needs and is ready for a little playmate. He is changing, almost on a daily basis. Turning into a little boy. I know it is killing Abe to be away from all this. Even as I type this I have tears in my eyes thinking about it. I hope by communicating through this blog, email, phone, webcam, video and pictures that he feels a little more connected to it all.

1 comment:
Zane is cute! He's talking so well now. Most kids have to try and sound it out but he just does it. Awesome. It is heartbreaking for the guys and it's a pain I will never have to experience nor can I understand what that is like for them to be gone from their children. I hope we don't have to do it again!
Post a Comment