Apr 10, 2006

Deep in the heart of Texas

This morning Zane and I had a little photo shoot in a large field of bluebonnets near our house. My friend, Christine, has already done the same thing and I know others that plan to do it. It's just something you have to do while living in Texas. My mom did the same thing at Zion Cemetery north of The Colony with three of my siblings and I when we were younger. The cemetery sits atop a hill that was just covered in bluebonnets. I wonder if it looks that way again this year.
Zane mostly just ran around while I chased him with the camera. He isn't one for standing still very long. The pictures you see of the two of us together were taken using a tripod and the timer on my camera. A remote would come in handy for those situations, but we made do without. I still have a lot to learn but I tried to put to practice some of the photography techniques that I have learned about recently. Some of them are shot with the camera's automatic settings, some with manually adjusted aperture and some with manually adjusted shutter speed. The shutter speed really helps shoot moving targets such as Zane. It cuts down on the blurry shots. One of these days I will be brave enough to take some pics using entirely the manual mode of my camera. You can find more pictures in the photo collection at right. Happy Monday to all.

1 comment:

ChristyR said...

Love the piggy back and the one of Zane out in the field. Very nice! You know National Scrapbooking Day is the first weekend in May so you have time to gather supplies (or borrow some =))and get your layouts done.