Yesterday morning I took Zane to a Kids Fest on post. It is an annual event to honor military children. It offered food, drinks, games, entertainment, t-shirts, rock-climbing wall and inflatable apparatuses. All for free. We weren't able to do much on account of Zane's age and the fact that everything had a long line attached to it. Zane did wait in line, as best as a 2 year old can, for a couple different bouncy things a few times. We took a little time to pet the animals in the petting zoo and then we were on our way. I appreciate everyone involved with hosting that event but it will be better suited for Zane in another year or two. There are some pics of Zane at the fest in the photo collection at right.
Other than that we have had a normal, uneventful weekend. I watched Elizabethtown and North Country. Both are excellent movies. Yesterday we washed the Durango and of course Zane was my little "helper" again. At least time he didn't dump the bucket of soap water down the driveway. I think I had to refill it about 3 times last time. Abe is in the middle of another stint pulling daytime CP duty. That means he spends his time from 5am - 5pm stuck in a little work room/office for 5 consecutive days. If all goes well, he gets relieved for meals. I'm sure he will be happier once he returns to flying.
Funny story: as I was typing this Zane was in his room for naptime and I use that term loosely. Anyways, I started to hear him call out "Mommy, stinky poo poo." And you would have to hear him say it because it is so cute. It sounds more like "dinky mmm poo". So I go in and he is holding out his finger to me and sure enough he had stinky poo poo on his finger. He likes to stick his hand in his diaper sometimes. So needless to say I washed his hands and changed his diaper. Some would be grossed out by that, but I can already laugh about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment