
That is my mother-in-law, Chris, reading a book to Zane before bed last night. She arrived yesterday and is leaving tomorrow. Short visit, but enjoyable nonetheless. I am very fortunate to have such a great MIL. We get along well and she is not pushy or meddlesome in any way. I think Abe could say the same thing about his MIL, so I guess we are both fortunate in that respect.
Last night we ate ribs, steak fries, beans, fresh squeezed lemonade and ice cream. We just hung out around the house. After Zane went to sleep we watched Beauty Shop with Queen Latifah and Kevin Bacon and it was pretty bad. Don't rush to see it if you haven't already. This morning we went to a nearby nursery and bought up some plants for both Chris and myself. Then we headed to Leander/Cedar Park. I went shopping at a scrapbook store that was having a "20% off everything in the store" sale while Chris and Zane played at a nearby park. We ate lunch at Chili's and came home briefly before going on post to swim. Zane enjoyed himself but still seems like he needs to warm up to the big pool some more. We were all pretty exhausted by the time we got home for the night. It was a great day, though.
Zane has been so receptive towards Nana. In the past he hasn't really given her (as well as others) the time of day if Mommy or Daddy were around. But starting now, he is talking to her, playing with her and willing to hang out with just her, no Mommy. Although that means my baby is growing up, it is a relief. I'm glad to see he is more secure and independent now. I joked with Chris that this means I can leave him at her house for an extended stay now, perhaps a week? But deep down, I know it will be a couple of years before I am ready for a separation like that. Even then, I'm sure it will be difficult. For now I will just observe and enjoy watching Nana make Zane laugh his deep, contagious belly laugh.

3 comments:
Sounds like you guys has a great time! I am happy that your MIL was able to come down and spend some time with you guys! I can't wait to go check out that park.
Oh, boy we did have fun. Zane has really developed his sense of humor lately, and it's so fun to "crack him up!" I'ts great to finally have a grand baby. Thank God one of my strengths is patience. That boy was worth the wait!!
P.S. Thanks for the complement on your MIL... I really respect you as a calm, sweet mom.
Post a Comment