Today marks 12 years that Abe and I have been together and 7 months since he left for Iraq. I just have to stand back and say "wow" because it doesn't feel like that long in either case. I think the remainder of his deployment will go by rather quickly. We have been keeping busy and might be seeing Abe next month for his R & R. After that we'll be in the home stretch. Although, that might be the worst part, we'll see. As for the 12 years together...I can't believe it. I can think back to certain memories and think wow, that was so long ago. But for the most part it doesn't seem possible that it has been 12 years already.
It's been awhile since my last update because Zane and I were out of town. We got back on Friday from about 8 days away. We spent a few days visiting family and then we went to Lake Murray, OK with Abe's Dad, step-mom and her family. We had a blast despite the heat. We got to do lots of swimming, tubing, eating good food, making crafts and just relaxing. My father-in-law bought Zane his first fishing pole and taught him how to use it. Zane was very happy with it and spent lots of time "fishing" with it. While there Zane started swimming for the first time. And I use the term swimming loosely. For one he was wearing a life vest and secondly he was mostly just dog paddling. But he was definitely getting around without help from anyone. I have become addicted to Sudoku thanks to this lake excursion. Someone brought a book for me to play with and I am hooked. Everytime I have a few minutes to sit down I am doing another puzzle. I can do them while I watch my soap opera which is nice. I have pictures of our trip in the album at right.

This is a picture of Abe's Father's Day gift. He has already received it. I made it a little while back when Tracy and I went to a scrapbook store and took a class. Everything but the pictures was provided, I just had to assemble it all. It was fun and I learned a couple of new techniques. Those are white canvases to begin with and after they are painted everything is mounted to them just as you would do a page in an album. The two smaller pics on either side open up and reveal journaling underneath.
Happy Monday!

2 comments:
12 years huh...thats awesome. I am happy for both of you. And 7 months rocks too...I can hardly believe how fast the time has went. I am just hoping the summer doesn't drag on too long. Glad you guys had fun in OK. Great pictures!
Pics of Zane are wonderful! Thank you for coming to our ruby anniversary luau. Zane really enjoyed his swimming there. Also, thanks for the unique coin card and gift card. At times I cannot believe we are married 40 years come Nov. This year is also your Mom/Dad's ruby anniversary. Get your rest, eat healthy, and enjoy the sudukou. An old friend....
Post a Comment