The night before last I took Zane to see Cars at the drive-in theater here in Killeen. It was our first time to that theater and Zane's first official full length movie. We did try to take him to see Sponge Bob before he was even 2 years old and he lasted about 30 minutes before I took him home and left Abe there to finish the movie. I think Abe wanted to see it more than anyone. We got to the drive-in early for fear of a huge crowd, but it was Monday and there was no huge crowd. Zane was very patient waiting for the movie, though. We parked and I got the back set up with blankets, pillows, popcorn, candy and drinks. We brought all of our own concessions but they do have a stand there that cooks and grills a variety of foods including turkey legs, brisket and catfish. My admission was $6 and Zane was free and that covers 2 films, but we didn't stay for the second one. Cars was the first movie shown and didn't start until about 9pm. I purposely gave Zane a late nap that day to compensate for the late bedtime. We enjoyed the movie, although I would like to see it again because I feel like I missed a few things here and there. I was very impressed with Zane's behavior. He always did as I asked and stayed in the truck with me. For the most part he watched the movie but there were times when he wasn't interested and found something else to do like play with the seat belts. I think had we been in a traditional theater it could have been ugly, because he would have been more confined and would have had nothing to do during the slow parts. I hope there is something Zane appropriate playing while Abe is home on R&R so that we can enjoy that activity as a family. As far as I'm concerned we may never live near a drive-in theater again so we should enjoy it while we can. I think it will make a nice memory for Zane, as well. There are more pics in the collection at right.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

2 comments:
Your pictures make me want to go there and check it out. I don't know though...I am a modern kinda girl..I like surround sound and A/C. By the way did you leave your car running the whole time?
Glad you guys had fun and that Zane did such a good job. I know me and Kevin were very happy when we could take the girls to a movie. Even if they are always kid's movies, it is nice to go!
We love the drive-in. We've been twice and we just take Cali's pack'n'play and by the time the movie starts at 9 she is passed out asleep in it so we can enjoy the movie. Definitely a lot easier for parents than the regular theater! Let me know next time you go, we'd love to meet up with you.
Post a Comment