You know the rest. And what a fun weekend it was. Correne came down with her two boys on Friday. The kids played for a bit before bed. Saturday Correne and I went to Cafe Monet in Austin to paint pottery with some other ladies. That was fun. I can't wait to see some of the pieces after they have been fired. When we got back home we let the kids play on the slip and slide in the backyard. That was Zane's first time with one. He really seemed to enjoy it. Correne and I played some Canasta. Unfortunately I ended up paying her when we were all said and done. This morning we all ate breakfast together before Correne headed home with Jake. Gabe is staying here until next Saturday. I hope he doesn't get too homesick, although he is already saying that he misses his parents. I took Zane and Gabe to a pool on post this afternoon. Tracy was there with her girls. We all enjoyed cooling off in the water. There are lots of pics in the photo album at right. And I am trying to get a video clip uploaded, as well.
In other news, Abe has finally received confirmation that he IS coming home in July for his R&R. He will be leaving Iraq on July 10th and should arrive in Dallas anywhere from 2-6 days later. We are all so very excited. I can't wait!!

1 comment:
You & Correne look so good! The children are precious for sure. Gabe is really growing up it seems. A sandbox was a great tool for our son's. They would play for hours in a shady spot with their little cars/trucks in the sand. Try to find one with a lid. Abe's R & R will be here before you know it. Prepare a few of his favorite dishes and put them in the freezer so when he gets home you can just pull them out and warm them up without having to spend a bunch of time in the kitchen. with prayers mb
Post a Comment