Jun 19, 2006

Kindermusik

I just added pics at right of Zane's kindermusik class last week. I apologize for the quality of the pictures. I had it set on manual shutter speed since most of the pics were taken while he was moving around, but the lighting wasn't ideal for that so a lot of the backgrounds are very dark. He went everyday for an hour each day. The theme was the ocean. We played with all sorts of instruments, sang songs, danced and played games. I wasn't sure how he would do in such a structured class, but he really impressed me. It wasn't until the last day that we had any issues and they were minor. I think he had finally gotten bored of it by then. It was a lot of the same activities each day but we would add a verse or movement to the songs each session. They got to play in sand one day and it made me think that buying him a little sandbox for the backyard would be a good investment. Technically they called that class a summer camp so I guess it was his first camp. I am looking forward to the camps he can go to when he is older when I don't have to stay with him!!

Today I took Zane and Gabe to a playground on post to play for a bit. It didn't take long for them to get overheated, though. We will have to set out even earlier next time. Then we went to my gym where I got in a really good workout. It has been a while and that felt excellent. Gabe enjoyed the playroom there and said we would have to come back there again tomorrow. Gabe gets so excited about seeing Army Men and Army stuff in general. Everytime he sees a guy in uniform he says "look Aunt Beth, an Army Man!" Little does he know this town is full of them. While we were out today he must have seen a woman in uniform because he said "look an Army Man Girl!" He's so cute!!! Tonight Zane has his first swimming lesson. Wish us luck!

No comments: