Our week with my nephew Gabe is coming to an end. We have really enjoyed having him and he has done really well with being away from his family for so long. There have only been a few times that he has expressed missing them and usually it is at the end of a long day and when he hears Mom's voice on the phone. Tomorrow he will be going home.
We have been busy all week doing different things. Tuesday we went to Inflatable Funland in Temple for some bouncing. That was a lot of fun for the kids. Yesterday we went to Tracy's for lunch, playing, swimming and slip and sliding. I even took a turn at the slip and slide and managed not to hurt myself. We had a great time over there. Kiara and Gabe seemed to enjoy each other's company. They both like to talk so it was interesting listening to them interact with each other. And if Gabe ever got upset about anything she was quick to try and fix it. She hated to see him unhappy.
I managed to get to the gym 3 times this week, which is my goal. I have been unable to reach it for the last few weeks so it felt good. Gabe seemed to enjoy the playroom there. I also finished a project related to scrapbooking that I have been wanting to do for several weeks now. It is a gift so I can't post pictures of it just yet. Tonight my brother and sister will be coming to visit. They are taking Gabe home with them tomorrow. Todd and I are going to see The Eric Tessmer Band in Austin tonight. They are having a CD release party and I can't wait to see them perform again. I just can't get enough of their live music.





No comments:
Post a Comment