Jun 26, 2006

Farewell

We said goodbye to Gabe on Saturday night after having him as a guest for a week. I can't believe how fast he is growing. He will be 6 years old in less than a month. He is a joy to be around.



Gwen, Todd and Jake came into town on Friday night. Todd and I went to see The Eric Tessmer Band in Austin. It was a great show, probably the best I've seen from them. I won't go on and on about them because I think by now, everyone knows how I feel about them. For the record though, Todd was impressed as well. He went as far as to say he wouldn't be surprised if Eric becomes an icon for his generation in the guitar playing biz. And I only mention this because I respect Todd's taste in music. He has a wide and varying collection.


Well Saturday it was go, go, go after getting only 4 hours of sleep. We did some shopping, card playing, hanging with the boys, went to the German restaurant in Kempner, etc. I was wiped out by the time they left that evening.


Sunday Zane and I just stayed home and got some laundry and cleaning done. I about went stir crazy after only one day. You would think after a week full of activities I would be content with a day at home, but I was in a funk. I definitely prefer to stay busy and moving. I've also been stressing pretty bad the last few days trying to map out Abe's leave in July. It hasn't been easy trying to factor in everybody that wants to see him and still keep enough time for Zane, Daddy and Mommy. Two weeks just isn't enough time when you consider that's all we get out of a year. The Army should give them an entire month off. Better yet, let's just not go to Iraq in the first place. My father-in-law tapped right into my feelings without me having to say anything yesterday when I talked to him on the phone. It certainly helped relieve some of the guilt I had been feeling. Thanks Randy, I love you and Happy Birthday!!


Today was business as usual. Starting with a trip to the gym. I am hoping to make it there 3 days this week despite leaving town on Thursday. Zane had another swim lesson tonight. Wednesday will be his last. He has been doing well and attempting to do everything the teacher has asked of him. It has definitely taught me some good things to do with him when we visit the pool this summer. His favorite part is climbing out and jumping back in to me. I can even stand away from the wall about 4 feet and let him go under water after he jumps and he doesn't seem to mind. He gets right back out to do it again.


Well, I better get on to more productive things. I have lots to do before our big trip north. There are just a few pics in the collection from Saturday. The shoes in the first one belong to Uncle Todd. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love you all very much