

to my goal of 130 pounds. It took a while but I got there. Excuse this post while I brag on myself. Maybe it will encourage somebody out there struggling to lose weight. It can be done. The first two pics you see here were taken in 2002 when I was at my heaviest (pregnancy excluded), around 165 pounds. It was at the end of that year I decided to lose weight and try to get in better shape before getting pregnant. I made it down to 140, which was my goal at the time. Then Zane came along and I lost quite a bit right after he was born but kept hanging around 150. This year I vowed to get down to 130 before Abe returns from Iraq. I was 144 in January when I started.
I have used a variety of tactics in the 4 year span of time. To include slimfast once a day, exercising at home, joining a gym, drinking a gallon of water daily, eating cereal for 2 meals a day, eating smaller portions, reducing fast food, etc. The one thing that has remained consistent for me in the last several months is going to the gym 3-4 times a week for cardio workouts. Granted that hasn't always been possible. The other tactics have come and gone periodically. I am beginning strength training now to do some much needed toning.
Once I started seeing results it was easy to stay motivated. It also doesn't hurt that I get a little break from Zane while I'm at the gym. That is very key right now while Abe is gone. My real test will be this next month. I won't be working out and I will be out of town which means different eating habits. Then Abe will be here for 2 weeks which also means different eating habits. I will be hitting the gym again in August so I hope if I falter by a few pounds that I can recover quickly.
Anyways, I'm happy. I feel healthier. I feel better about myself. And I can't wait for Abe to get home and see the new me in person. To all of you out there exercising and losing weight, keep up the good work. I would love to hear your story.

3 comments:
You look amazing! I am jealous! I am on my way. Will probably take me forever, but I will get there!
Congratulations, Beth!!!!!
Congratulations! You look great! Well done.
This firming up and weight loss effort has gone fabulously well for you. How I wish my will power was as strong as yours for I would also love to shed fifty pounds. Will just keep plugging along and begin a walking route. Good for you, Beth.
Post a Comment