We had a nice, peaceful Saturday. Other than going to the gym we played at home. Zane just about crashed on the couch but I caught him just in time and got him in his pj's and ready for bed. I watched 4 episodes of Sex and the City which included the series finale. I have really enjoyed that show. I'm ready to start at the beginning and watch the entire thing over again.
Today we went to a park to meet some wives from Abe's unit for volleyball. It was our first time going, but it is a weekly event for most of them. They only started this about 5 or 6 weeks ago and are hoping to find more people to come join in. These are women I have met before but not done much with socially. The captain's wife was there along with one of her sisters and brother-in-law. There were two other wives there, one of which brought her husband along who is home on R&R. Everyone was very friendly and we all had a nice relaxing time. We played some volleyball and the rest of the time was spent playing with the kids and grilling hamburgers and hot dogs.
In the above picture, Zane is eating what was a gi-normous homemade cookie. It was full of chocolate chips, chunks and M&M's. They were soft, chewy and delicious. Not only did he eat his own but he finished off about 2 more that were left behind by others. You snooze you lose, when Zane's around. We were there for about 3 hours and Zane played on the playground most of the time. I put sunscreen on him but none on myself. Although I thought I spent most of the time in the shade, I came home looking pretty pink on the shoulders. I'll probably be hurting tomorrow. And I wouldn't be surprised if my arms and wrists are bruised from hitting that volleyball around. I had a great time and look forward to doing it again next week.
Later in the day, Zane and I went in the backyard for some pool time. I dug out his sunglasses which are a couple years old. He is very interested in Mommy's sunglasses so I thought he might actually wear his now. He had them on long enough for me to take a few pictures. The rest of the time they were around his neck like a necklace.
Today we went to a park to meet some wives from Abe's unit for volleyball. It was our first time going, but it is a weekly event for most of them. They only started this about 5 or 6 weeks ago and are hoping to find more people to come join in. These are women I have met before but not done much with socially. The captain's wife was there along with one of her sisters and brother-in-law. There were two other wives there, one of which brought her husband along who is home on R&R. Everyone was very friendly and we all had a nice relaxing time. We played some volleyball and the rest of the time was spent playing with the kids and grilling hamburgers and hot dogs.In the above picture, Zane is eating what was a gi-normous homemade cookie. It was full of chocolate chips, chunks and M&M's. They were soft, chewy and delicious. Not only did he eat his own but he finished off about 2 more that were left behind by others. You snooze you lose, when Zane's around. We were there for about 3 hours and Zane played on the playground most of the time. I put sunscreen on him but none on myself. Although I thought I spent most of the time in the shade, I came home looking pretty pink on the shoulders. I'll probably be hurting tomorrow. And I wouldn't be surprised if my arms and wrists are bruised from hitting that volleyball around. I had a great time and look forward to doing it again next week.
Later in the day, Zane and I went in the backyard for some pool time. I dug out his sunglasses which are a couple years old. He is very interested in Mommy's sunglasses so I thought he might actually wear his now. He had them on long enough for me to take a few pictures. The rest of the time they were around his neck like a necklace. The water felt wonderful! I can't wait until the outdoor pools open up on post. I think it will be next weekend. It will be nice to get in some water that is more than a foot deep. I'm thinking of signing Zane up for a parent & child swim class offered on post. I believe it would be four sessions spanning 2 weeks. I'm not sure how much he will learn but figure it can't hurt. Besides it only costs $15 so I figure it is worth a shot. So far, I haven't had any luck finding private one-on-one lessons for him. But I plan to keep looking. I think he would do better if Mommy isn't around.
Well, Zane is in bed and I'm off to scrap.

2 comments:
The cookies you described remind me of your mother's "Monster Cookies" recipe she gave me many years ago. They are awesome and if you would like the recipe - let me know. Your little guy looks so healthy!!!!! mb
Too cute!!!! Keep it up. I wish I could get into scrapbooking. I just keep thinking of all the wonderful memories you will be able to look back on with Zane and Abe. Okay, so I am a little jealous. I will just have plain Jane picture albums.
Post a Comment