I am playing music on my computer courtesy of Itunes. As I begin to create this post it randomly selected "Lonesome Town" by Ricky Nelson. How appropriate is that?Abe returned to Iraq yesterday and it wasn't as easy as I expected this go around. Still not as difficult as the first time, though. I think the fact that we only have 3 1/2 months to go is really helping. But what makes this one difficult is that we esentially just had a family vacation that lasted 15 days. And how often does that happen? After all that fun it is hard to return to "normal". I'm always depressed after a vacation anyways. Now add loneliness on top of that. Yesterday was not good but I'm doing better today. My sister was here last night and we had a good time visiting, scrappin' and watching Weeds. Zane seems to be doing fine with Daddy being gone. We explained to him that Daddy had to go back to work. He has asked for him a couple of times but I reminded him that Daddy went bye bye on the airplane.
I have put all our pics from the last two weeks in the collection at right. Most of the pics will speak for themselves but let me list the order of locations/activities you will see....swimming in our backyard...Cameron Park Zoo...Stillhouse Hollow Lake...Inflatable Funland...Bronco playground on post...Gaylord Texan...Dallas World Aquarium...Comanche Pool on post. We had a great time and I think we did a good job of making the most of our time. We saw lots of family and friends, too. I would like to thank all of you for helping make this past 15 days truly special for us.

3 comments:
My heart goes out to you Beth. We aren't married to Abe, but we miss him too. No one makes me laugh like he does. Pittlesticks. :)
I can't imagine how you feel, but we are here. Pottery again next month! We all need time with our friends.
We love you!
I love the picture of you two !! How very sweet that picture is. Going to try to get my brother to print it out for me. I've been thinking of you all the time, especially since Friday. Thanks for sharing some of your precious time with us!! I'll carry those memory pictures with me all through the days and my prayers are there through the nights. You are, all three, so very special and I love you. Granny
Wonderful collage of photos to cherish forever! I especially like the one of you and Abe together. Nourish yourself - stay strong - pray. You handled it really well with Zane telling him his Dad had to go back to work. We look forward to his safe return asap. mb
Post a Comment