Aug 6, 2006

At it again...




If you are wondering why I haven't posted in a while it's because I've been busy; me and my helper, that is. The timing couldn't have been better. I desperately needed something to keep my mind off of Abe being gone again. So I painted a wall in our office which is to become my new scrappin' space. I already outgrew my closet. So now I will have my supplies and workspace all in one place. It is still a work in progress but I got the painting done and hung new pegboard and a shelf. Hopefully this week I will find a desk to purchase, as well as a few containers for organizing the little stuff. I will post a pic of the finished project. I have a picture to share of the pegboard and shelf but I think it is too late to include it with this post so I will post it shortly in a separate post. The color by the way is cabin red. It's not as pink as the pic above appears.


In other news, Abe is back in the swing of things in Iraq. He was on standby yesterday but flew for the first time today. He will be starting weekly meetings soon to handle moving the unit and their equipment back to Texas. I don't think he cares for that job, but I see it as a step in the right direction. It just makes it sound like they will be home soon.


Zane and I enjoyed some quality time at the pool today with Tracy and her girls. We didn't see much of them last week because they were under the weather. I'm happy to report they are all doing well now and the girls can't wait to start school. There isn't much else to report. Things are just business as usual around here. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Rinny said...

The wall looks amazing! I may steal your idea in my own office/guest bedroom upstairs. Think I could bribe you for your help? Where did you get the paint? I love that color! As you might have guessed from our bathroom downstairs. :)