Aug 13, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!


Okay, so my birthday isn't until November. But this desk is my birthday present, nonetheless. I bought it at Ikea along with the chair and my lovely in-laws helped me put it all together. I've been working to organize everything and only have a few more things to do. I love the entire workspace and it will be much more conducive to scrapping. I can work while Zane is playing games on the computer. It sure beats dragging my supplies out of my closet and into the kitchen. Anyways this is the last you will have to see of my new space; it feels like I've been working on it and talking about it forever now. Soon to come...pics of Zane's newly painted bedroom.




As of yesterday, Abe has been gone for 9 months. Yipee!! The end is so close I can taste it. But, I have been warned that the last few months are the worst. Abe and I had a discussion the other night about where we want to go from Hood if anywhere. He can opt to stay at Hood in his current unit or stay at Hood in another brigade in some sort of advisory position and essentially give up flying. Or he could request a permanent change of station at which point we would be put wherever the "needs of the Army" would put us. As of right now it looks as though his current unit will not deploy to Iraq until late summer/early fall of 2008. He doesn't want to give up flying. And if we PCS somewhere, chances are he would deploy even sooner than 2008. So we are asking to stay put. When it gets right down to it, this is the best place for Zane and I if Abe is going to be deployed. We bought a house and can continue to build equity in it and we have lots of family only 3 hours away which is very nice, especially with him gone for a year at a time. Nothing is official, so we will see what happens. I just wanted to give everyone an update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the room looks sweet, i dig those black boxes!

give up flying? they actually asked him if he wanted to do that...that would suck! hope ya'll get what ya want!