Aug 27, 2006

Pat Green

My facial expression was just too goofy not to include this pic in my blog. This was taken yesterday at the Pat Green mini concert on post. Maybe I was politely thinking "someone please put me out of my misery"? Although it really wasn't as bad as I expected. As far as country goes, Pat Green is pretty tolerable. Or maybe I was thinking "oh my God, I never would have guessed that theater seats could smell so rotten"! You just haven't smelled musty unless you've been to Palmer Theater at Ft. Hood. My sister, Gwen and her boyfriend Patrick came down from Dallas for the show. I picked up free tickets earlier in the week. Patrick is a big fan of Mr. Green.
You are supposed to be looking at a picture of Gwen, Patrck, Zane and Pat Green. But when I went to snap the picture with Gwen's camera, it was dead. After about 2 minutes and 6 dead batteries later, we gave up. We made our way outside when Gwen finally found a couple of batteries with a little life in them. So she and Patrick headed back in for a retake. Zane and I waited outside. Well once they got in there, the camera was dead again. Finally Pat Green insisted someone go fetch some batteries for her poor camera. Someone did and they managed to get a few pics. That was very cool of Pat Green. I also like Pat Green, not so much for his music, as his commentary on Lubbock, TX. I've never been there but according to Pat, who spent 10 years there for college, it's the only place in the world where you can watch your dog run away for a month. And you can watch your dog run away for a year if you step up on a paint can. With that kind of endorsement, I'm pretty sure I need not rush out there.

Anyways, we had a great weekend. Patrick was kind enough to knock out most of my yardwork. That was such a help. Thanks again, PD. All I had to do was get him in to see Pat Green and sew a pocket on his shorts. Too easy. We played lots of Mexican Train dominoes. Ever since they left this morning, I've been going through withdrawal. Oh well, I'll be up there in a couple of weeks and I can get my fix again. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did I allow myself to miss that show? I am still kicking myself for it.

Glad you had fun, I think. And when is the trip to Lubbock scheduled...sounds like a fun place.

We 4 King said...

Ok so i am trying to copy u , and put up a Links Thing... How do i do it??

Anonymous said...

yawn! sure wish i knew what beth was up to this week?

Rinny said...

What's up with this? I post and you don't? Is something wrong? Are you ill?