Aug 31, 2006

Worn Out

I have been feeling run down and tired all week. Hopefully this will pass soon. Other than that I feel fine. No complaints. We've just been doing our thing all week. Yesterday I took Zane to the library while we were out running errands. We looked at board books for a while then picked out some books to bring home. We also tried out a new ice cream place in town. His ice cream cone was good, my milkshake, not so much. But it is cheap and close to home. Zane surprised me and took a nap yesterday and is napping again right now. This is happening without me laying on the floor of his room. It has been a long time since we gave nap time an honest try because he just wasn't having it for so long. Despite how tired I feel, I DON'T LIKE IT! I tried laying down yesterday and today but never really got to sleep. The house is too quiet and believe it or not, I miss him. I was just in there trying to wake him up. What's wrong with me? I used to kill for naps. But now I would much rather hang with him all day and have "my time" after he goes to bed in the evenings. I guess that tells you how pleasurable he is to be around right now. Maybe once the awful temper tantrums start, I'll be singing a different tune. Besides when he doesn't nap he sleeps 12+ hours a night, so I figure either way, I've got a pretty sweet deal.

We've got no plans for Labor Day weekend. I would have gone up to Dallas, but we are going up next weekend for my sister's bachelorette party. I was looking into "discovering" Lampasas, but after researching it online, it seems there isn't much to discover in Lampasas. There is a water park in Belton I think I will take Zane to. I've heard good things and it is not that far away. And it's just something new to do. For all of you out there with plans this weekend, be safe and enjoy your long weekend.

3 comments:

Rinny said...

I hear that is a nice pregnancy sign. Being tired. Well, you are a trooper and I am sure that you will be up and running in no time! And you can always come here for Labor Day. We dont have anything planned, but you are always welcome.

Anonymous said...

I did notice you being out of sorts this week...I hope it goes away soon! Zane is pretty darn cute these days, he is at a great age...one of my favorites. Why were you thinking about discovering Lampasas for in the first place?

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,
There really is not much to Lampasas, but there are other things you can do around Austin. Cedar Park has a train that runs to local towns and Gabe loved it. I have other ideas if you want some; just contact me.
Hope you get to feeling better!
Janet