Sep 1, 2006

Whole lotta nuthin'




You are looking at a lunch box tin I decorated for holding my handmade cards. My first attempt was about 2 weeks ago at where else but the card ladies' house. I had to scrap that one and start over because the color red I chose totally clashed with the wall I just painted in the office. And that is where it is going to be on display. So this is my finished project, the second go around. I am very pleased. Speaking of the card lady, I was there again today to make cards and am very happy with what she had for us to make. Cute stuff. For those of you that don't know, I know a Stampin' Up consultant that conducts Stamp Camps in her home 1-2 times a month. It is a good way to meet fellow paper crafters and just enjoy creating something. I look forward to it every month. If any of you locals would like to go along some time just let me know and I'll give you all the details.

In other news, I have gotten the go ahead from Tricare to seek OB care from a civilian doctor. I called today and they verified the referral had been approved. I don't have any horror stories firsthand with Army docs, but Abe and I agree that civilian is the better way to go if at all possible. In this case, there are several reasons it will work out better for us. So hopefully after my first appointment on the 13th, I will feel the same way. I have heard good things about the doctor I am seeing so I don't expect any problems.

I just called the drive in theater to see what is playing this weekend. Unfortunately it is The Wicker Man and World Trade Center. Two movies of which I don't have an overwhelming desire to go see. World Trade Center may be acceptable some day, but not now and probably in the comfort of my own home would be best for that flick. But the recording had some new info regarding prices. This will only be of interest to you locals, but starting Monday they are having $1 night, everyone gets in for $1, Tuesday will be $2 night and Wednesday will be $10 for a carload. Thursday through Sunday they are back to their normal $6/adult and $4/children 3 and up. And remember that is 2 movies for one price. Gates open at 7:30 and shows start at 8:30. You might think I work there or something, huh? Nah, I just like going there and hope they stay in business. Especially as the weather starts cooling off here, it will be real nice to go see movies like that. Some of you Austinites will have to come up sometime and check it out. For more info you can call the theater 616-6400 or just call me :>)

I heard from my Mom today and they plan on leaving Wisconsin on September 19th. I haven't seen my parents since July and that is a long time considering they technically live 3 hours from us. They decided to hibernate all summer at their place in northern Wisconsin. It will be nice to have them back in TX, although, I'm not sure how long it will last. I believe they are headed back up there this winter. Let me add they don't have a phone or computer where they live so my Mom has to contact us by payphone (which seldom happens) or email us from the library computer (which is maybe once a week). They seem to be happy up there, so I can't blame them for going up as much as they can.

5 comments:

Rinny said...

Oh, how I long to be crafty! Beth, you should go into business for yourself. You could sell these things, ya know???? Seriously, I would pay for a lunch tin to put my cards in, although mine would be of the Hallmark variety.

Anonymous said...

Your tin turned out really really nice, I dig it!

That's pretty cool about the drive in, but that won't be working for me..at least not the new discounted prices. Oh well, maybe someday. And I actually didn't now that your parents were still in Wisconsin!

Anonymous said...

Am pleased to learn they will be headed south on the 19th - at least until your sister's wedding is celebrated. We need to encourage them to get a phone installed - for safety reasons. Love the tin for cards - I have a wicker type box, but it is not working out too well. Glad you are feeling good. mb

Anonymous said...

Just realized there was a Thurs. blog and you are feeling quite tired. This too shall pass. Be sure to eat your veggies and drink fluids - lots of them. mb

Lora said...

i don't have your email address so I'll have to comment here to reach you! You caught my post before I edited it. For more hilarity, check back! I am a total blog stalker so I understand!
Hope you are feeling well, give that belly a good rub for me!