I'm feeling obligated to update my blog since it has been a couple of days and I did have my first OB appointment yesterday. The appt went really well. I did not formally meet the doctor because I was seen by the nurse practitioner. They took some blood, okay about 7 viles of blood and urine and you don't want to know what else. Just a bunch of tests. I will only hear from them if something comes back abnormal. They estimate my due date as April 15th which is 3 days earlier than I previously thought. I will be having an ultrasound in the next few weeks. That of course, could also change my due date a little bit as well, depending on how the baby measures up. Since we don't plan on finding out the sex of the baby that should be my only ultrasound unless another one is necessary for medical reasons. Everyone I dealt with was extremely nice and friendly. That sure makes it nice. Cranky, bitchy staff at a doctor's office is never a good thing. My next appointment isn't until October 18th which sounds like forever from now.
Now the 6 1/2 hours leading up to the appointment were the worst I've had in a long time. Zane has such great timing. He woke up at 2:30 in the morning Wednesday and didn't get back to sleep until 4:30. He is having issues right now with monsters (shadows) and darkness. That's a whole other story though. He would finally calm down and be quiet for about 10-15 minutes. Just long enough to think he might be back asleep when all of a sudden the freak out would start all over again. So I managed to get back to sleep by 5 only to get up at 7 and rush to get ready and out the door by 8:20. On top of it all I felt the worst that morning than I have this entire pregnancy. I was on the toilet several times in the hour I was getting ready. But I will spare you all the details. We managed to get through the morning, came home for lunch and had ourselves some naps.
Tonight we went over to Tracy's house for our "new" TV night. We used to go over on Tuesdays for Weeds and Big Brother. Since BB is over we are switching to Thursdays for Weeds and Survivor. We had a great time and ate a delicious meal. Tracy cooked a pot roast, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed mixed veggie and rolls. It was all great, thanks again Tracy.
And to answer MB's question regarding Zane's shoes. They are a size 9. Abe thought his feet/shoes looked big in those recent pics. But I actually held up the new shoe to his old ones (size 8, different brand) and they are the same size. I think it's the angle of a lot of the pics.

1 comment:
I am very happy that you had a good experience at the Drs office. But I still really really think you should find out what the baby is! I can't wait that long! Thanks for coming over, it was fun. The kids were actually pretty good tonight!
Post a Comment