




Last night I drove to Crop-Paper-Scissors in Waco for a Scrapbooking Class taught by Ali Edwards. Most of you don't know who she is but in the world of scrapbooking she is a celebrity. She is from Eugene, Oregon and travels the world teaching and inspiring fellow scrappers to create life art. The album you see above is the finished product of the class entitled "Today You". It is basically an account of everyday moments that wouldn't otherwise be recorded. The idea is to select someone you would like to celebrate; spouse, child, pet, yourself. Record observations about them for 9 random or consecutive days. It can be something as simple as what they ate for breakfast. Naturally I picked Zane and I really think having this album to look back at years from now will truly be a treasure. Simply because it will remind me of the everyday things that will be difficult to remember down the road. Anyways, I really enjoyed meeting Ali and she taught me some things I can carry forward into future projects. The other thing about this album that I appreciate is that it is something I probably never would have come up with on my own, both in concept and technique. Thanks, Ali, you are an inspiration. And thank you Abe, it was a great Mother's Day gift.
Here's a couple of quick stories to let you know how serious people take this stuff. Ali was in town teaching classes all day Friday and Saturday. One lady was there for classes on Friday and all day Saturday and she had just had surgery on her shoulder the previous Wednesday. She and a friend drove down from the Dallas area and spent 2 nights (maybe 3) in a hotel. She was in enough pain that just pressing an ink pad onto the paper was uncomfortable and her friend helped her out. And in other news there was a lady in the class previous to mine that was 6 days from being due with her 2nd child. Well she was having contractions during the class but didn't think it was serious. She made it through class and headed home to rest. Well her water broke when she got there and she didn't make it to the hospital. She delivered the baby at home just a couple of hours after Ali's class. Now that is some dedication. Don't worry Abe, I don't think I am that bad.....yet :)

2 comments:
Your book looks awesome!
Hey. Did yuo know that there is a scrapbooking store here in Cedar Park on 1431? Not too far from our house. Guess you will have to make a day trip. I hate to admit it, but I am slowly becoming a little creative. Damn you for bringing creativity to my life. I was fine being boring. :)
Post a Comment