Sep 28, 2006

Boobs, backne and other pregnancy updates

This is an excerpt from the weekly email I get keeping me informed of the stages of my pregnancy....



11 Weeks:
Your fig-sized fetus now measures 1 1/2 inches from head to bottom and weighs in at a quarter-ounce. He finally looks like a baby, with tiny but fully formed fingers and toes. As his body grows and becomes more developed and functional, he'll start twisting and turning like an acrobat, cushioned and protected by your amniotic fluid. You, on the other hand, are probably feeling less like a gymnast every day. Heartburn (caused by pregnancy hormones that relax the valve separating your esophagus from your stomach) and indigestion may be annoying you during the day and keeping you up at night. Just remember, all this suffering is for a good cause — you're having a baby!



Thankfully the heartburn hasn't set in yet, but I know it will.



My boobs are slightly bigger although not noticeable to anyone but me and possibly my husband if he were here. I'll take whatever I can get. I don't care what my sister says, her boobs went back to normal after her first and remained bigger after her second. Maybe I could be so lucky?



On a much more disturbing front, I have out of control BACKNE. It is not pretty. This has been the case for weeks now and there are no signs of improvement. I need Abe here to pop the little devils for me. I know what you are thinking but don't even pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. It's a part of marriage that no one ever talks about; popping each other's hard to reach pimples. There I said it. Anyways, my sister is getting married in 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure everyone will be staring at my backne rather than admiring the bride. We are wearing strapless dresses, afterall. Speaking of the dress, I got it this weekend and thankfully it fits. I wasn't pregnant when I tried it on and I ordered the smaller of 2 sizes. The dress is more fitted around the abdomen then I remembered but I can still zip it up. Whew! As long as that "fig-sized" fetus doesn't grow into a grapefruit in the matter of 16 days, I should be good to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't care what you say, I don't know what you are talking about! I DO NOT pop Kevin's hard to reach zits..he has asked me and I refuse that is beyond NASTY! Thanks for making me lose my appetite!

Lora said...

I had the world's worst backne. You could hardly put your fingers between the zits. No one could sympathize (or at least admit they could). I used Neutrogena acne soap and rubbing alcohol, but not until later in the pregnancy because I thought the salycylic acid would seep in thru my pores and dry rot the baby. It doesn't, so says my doctor and Jake is hardly rotten. Don't pop. I am still plagued with horrible scars.