I went in for my ultrasound tonight. Everything went well. The baby was very active. He/she kept moving around, waving "hello", stretching his/her feet, twisting and turning. The technician was able to get all of the measurements she needed and the baby measured at 13 weeks which is right on with what we already thought. I got to see the heart, kidneys, spine, etc. The heart beat was 133 which is within the normal range. They estimate my due date to be April 17th. I received about 14 pictures to share with Abe when he returns. I sure wish he could have been there with me. I guess it makes me even more thankful that he was there for Zane's. And who knows, maybe there will be another one during this pregnancy. I return to the doctor for a routine appointment next week.
Now I specifically told the technician I didn't want to know the sex when we started the procedure. But in looking at the images I could have sworn I saw a little man looking at me. I pointed it out to her and she kind of giggled and reiterated that it was too early to tell, and that what I saw could have been part of the cord. In reviewing the pics I brought home there is a very good one of between the legs looking up from the bottom. And sure enough there is a little somethin' there. But I am not going to assume anything from it. I did some looking online and depending on the equipment being used it actually may be too early to determine sex with any kind of accuracy. I also read several accounts of people being told it's a boy on ultrasounds 1, 2 and 3 and then all of a sudden it was a girl. So as far as I'm concerned it was part of the cord. What do I know anyways? Half the time she was saying "you see the face" or "heart" or whatever the case may be and I didn't even know which way the baby was turned.

1 comment:
I am glad everything went well with the ultrasound...all though I still think its a girl..or that's just what I want it to be! I feel bad calling your baby it...you really should just go find out what it is! See I did it again.
Post a Comment