So last night may have been one of the worst so far in dealing with Zane and his whole monster/bad dream issues. He, and subsequently I, were up at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30. It took us until about 3:30 to get back to sleep. Then he was up again at 4:00, 5:45 and up for the day at 6:30. If I didn't have such a stubborn streak in me he would have been in bed with me every night like a month ago. But I am convinced that would only lead to even bigger problems down the road. So I have stood my ground. He asks every night to sleep in "the other bed" but I keep telling him "no". I have tried all kinds of things to nip this in the bud and make him more comfortable in his own room. I have one more thing to try (I just need to get my hands on a small table lamp) and if that doesn't work then we may have to seek some professional advice. And for those of you that don't know, he has always slept in his own room and had no trouble going to sleep and sleeping through the night. This has only developed in the last several weeks. So enjoy the good times while they last. They can literally change overnight. Geez...boys and their overactive imaginations. He SO gets that from his Daddy!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

1 comment:
I may have a table lamp if you are interested.
Post a Comment