

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with some extended family that came down from Wisconsin. It is always great to see them and they had not made a trip down south for over 6 years! I learned a new card game called Sting, which is a "rummy card game gone wild". We managed to work in a euchre tournament and had players to spare, which is rare. I placed 3rd out of 12. On Monday a group of us went to the Ft. Worth Zoo. There were absolutely no crowds and the weather was perfect for us. There have been some additions to that zoo since I was last there. We will definitely have to go back again after Abe returns home. I think he enjoys the zoo more than anyone I know.
Zane turned 3 on Sunday, but he doesn't know it. How awful does that sound?!?!? I figure since we are celebrating it after Abe gets home there was no point in bringing it up. He won't know the difference. And like Abe pointed out, he will only have to wait 11 months for his 4th birthday! I still have no idea what we are doing for his party or where we are doing it. Can't decide if we should host it at home or go up to North Texas. We were home 2 years ago and in North Texas last year. Any ideas?
We went to a productive and informative Family Readiness Group meeting last night. It is so exciting hearing about the guys coming home and what the process will be like. It is literally right around the corner. I think we are looking at approximately 3 weeks remaining! Yee Ha!
This morning I went for my second OB appointment. I am 14 weeks and 2 days and they are keeping my due date at April 15th. I got to hear the heart beat which was nice and strong. The doctor gave me the go ahead on traveling to Las Vegas in January. I'm very excited about that...it will be my first time there. I go back to the doctor mid-November.
Well, I still have unpacking to do. I just wanted to stop in and give everyone an update. I hope you all had a great weekend and are having an even better week.

4 comments:
I am so happy to hear from you! And the pictures are gorgeous! Did I mention that I am jealous as all get out that you are having a baby!?! Oh well....guess that just means another little one to spoil.
The wedding was lovely and as the "nana" of Zane, I had the most fabulous time. I spent the whole night chasing him around. He is just incredible. He talks like a 3 year old now, but still looks like a baby to me. He is very very sweet, and he & I had a lot of fun. I got in bed with him for a few minutes as he went to sleep. I tried to sing him a lullaby, but he said "no singing, Nana." Zane did let me hold his hand - he was fast asleep in minutes and snoring just like his dad did as a little guy. The wedding was beautiful and Corene, Joe Freddy, Gabe and Jake all seemed very happy.
I cant wait til Abe gets home and we celebrate Zane's birthday. By the way... Beth has a little bump right in the middle of her belly that is just precious!
Sounds like you guys had a nice time! Congrats to your sister and new brother in law!!
Tried to leave a comment and it did not seem to go through. Sent it to your hotmail account - hope you receive same. mb
Post a Comment