Nov 2, 2006

Preparing...

Disclaimer: If you are tired of hearing about Abe's upcoming return from Iraq, then stop reading now.

We're in the single digits. I'm still hoping he'll be home before we get down to the last link, but we still haven't heard which flight home he will be on. So I guess time will tell. Some of his unit will be arriving home tomorrow. I'm so excited for those families. And it makes it that much more real for me.




I picked up some food at the commissary just for Abe's return. And no, that is not all I have to feed Abe. It's just that most of those things in particular have not been bought for an entire year. It feels good to be buying for the 3 of us again.




I survived the grocery store without a list. Of course, I knew I would. I managed to only buy one item that I didn't need. But you can never have too much sour cream, right? Oh shoot, yes, you can have too much sour cream, especially when it expires. Oh well, I bought the smallest container just in case we already had some. Better safe than sorry. And even though I didn't have a list guiding my decisions, I managed to stay clear of the cow tongue, pickled pig's feet, etc. I guess after 13 years on my own, I am an adult. Truth be told, I prefer my lists. I feel like I can get in and out a lot quicker.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Single digits...thats awesome! He will be home before you know it!

Glad you didn't buy pigs feet cause thats just gross.

Anonymous said...

We can't wait either! I feel a big huge welcome home party too! Maybe after he has been home for a while and y'all have been able to enjoy each other! There are a whole slew of people in the Cedar Park/Leander area that can't wait to see him again....or wait to meet him for the first time either!

Anonymous said...

Is that French Vanilla Coffeemate?

Shame!

Anonymous said...

Will you meet him at DFW when you know the flight or just wait for him to get to Killeen? Have your folks made it up safely to Lake Loretta? I am so happy it will not be much longer and he will be back in your arms. mb from TC

Anonymous said...

Ed - what does French Vanilla Coffeemate have to do with what is on the blog? mb

Anonymous said...

I am going to start thinking that you have fallen off the Earth, missy!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Umm...the Coffeemate is in the picture. It's the blue bottle with the red cap....

See:
"I picked up some food at the commissary just for Abe's return. And no, that is not all I have to feed Abe."

Ed