I know, it seems like an eternity since I last posted. But really Thursday to Monday isn't too bad, is it? Aside from a fun trip down to San Antonio with Tracy to see Social Distortion Friday night, there just hasn't been much to report around here. We never even left the house Saturday or Sunday. We did get up and run some errands this morning. I don't think I would have survived 3 days in a row in this house. The only big news I have is that Abe should be home Thursday or Friday of this week!! I hope to have some official confirmation on that tomorrow. I have already made a list of things to get done before he arrives and have started checking them off. Other than that I've been reading, scrapping and watching TV to pass the time. Zane is just carrying on like normal. He has had a good few days of not going potty in his diaper/underwear. But, we're still not there. I have to be diligent about taking him into the bathroom. He isn't telling me yet, that he has to go. So as long as I put forth the effort we are saving on diapers. I'm just waiting for that light bulb to go off in his head.
In some insignificant news....I just received our electric bill today. And it is our second one in a row to be under $100!!! I still can't believe it. Our bill prior to this sudden drop was over $300. So it really doesn't make sense to me. How can you go from $380 to $77 in back to back bills? I was waiting for this most recent bill to see if there was some mistake that they corrected, but no. Still under $100. I'll take it, and I'm damn sure not calling TXU to inquire.
And even more insignificant....I just wanted to share one of my ebay purchases that has really paid off. I bought a gallon jug of shampoo in July of 2005. Well, I am still using that same jug and have not hit the bottom of it yet. And yes, I do wash my hair on a regular basis. I spent $35 after shipping and when you consider it has lasted 15 months so far, that's less than $2.50/month on shampoo. And I'm not talking about the cheap stuff either. This is Redken Color Extend and is only available in salons. So if you never thought about checking Ebay for such a thing, I highly recommend you give it a search.


3 comments:
Thank you thank you thank you! I feel better now that I have read a new blog. And....so happy to hear that Abe will be home soon!
Abe and I are in the same camp again and I have Randy with me. Hopefully we are all going out on the same flight. I'll probably see him tomorrow instead of waking him up right now. Of course I haven't had me any "Abe-lovin'" in a while. Let Janet know that I'm here with Abe as I can't get into my Myspace account on these computers and I don't always trust AKO.
See you soon--Phillip
A few more days and some of the guys should be back in Texas. I may not have this right, but I think the charge for kilowatt hour on the electric bill changes and that reflects on the bill we pay. It seems confusing to me and there are some legislator's trying to explore what is exactly going on with price of electric power. I do know since deregulaton went into effect - we are paying more for electricity. Great deal on your shampoo. Have fun when Abe gets in town. mb from TC
Post a Comment