
Just thought I would share a delicious recipe for French Toast courtesy of Alton Brown. I'm a big fan of his show Good Eats which you can find daily on the Food Network. I'm presenting this recipe complete with pictures because I've seen it done elsewhere and I think it helps to have visuals along the way.
On the night prior to your French Toast feast, slice a loaf of French bread into 1/2" thick slices and leave on a rack overnight to dry out.

In a baking pan (I use a 8 or 9 inch metal cake pan) combine 1 cup half and half, 2 Tbs. honey, 1/4 tsp salt and 3 large eggs. Mix well and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, soak each piece of bread in the custard for 30 seconds on each side.

Transfer the pieces to a rack and allow to rest for 2 minutes. The custard will create a drippy mess so I suggest putting paper towels under the rack for an easy clean-up.

Heat skillet over medium-low heat (350-375 degrees) and coat pan with butter before each batch of bread is introduced. Brown slices on each side. You should be able to brown all pieces in 5-10 minutes.

Bake pieces in a 375 degree oven for 5 minutes on the middle rack. If your oven rack is clean enough, you can place the slices directly on it. Otherwise rig up your own rack like I've done here. Just be sure they are on a rack and not sitting on/in a pan.

ENJOY!!

3 comments:
It looks yummy!
how come you didn't invite me over?
WOAH... How yummy were those??
Post a Comment