Feb 26, 2007

Input please...

In honor of my photography class (which begins tonight), I thought I would post a photography-related topic.



Take a close look at these photos. Both are SOOC (straight out of the camera). Do you think one is more interesting than the other? Do they tell different stories? The first one has the focus on the girl...the second one has the focus on the soldier. All other camera settings are the same. I look forward to hearing your feedback. Happy Monday, All!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the 2nd one better, with the focus on the Soldier. In the 1st one the bluriness is a distraction to my eye and it makes me focus on that instead of on the girl. Thats my 2cents anyway! I hope the class is fun!

Anonymous said...

Since you asked one more thing..the line from the molding on the 4th id symbol is distracting because its coming out of the girls head, if I were you i would clone it out in ps!

Rinny said...

I like them both, but I kind of dig on the little girl being in focus. Kind of like she is the solace to a trouble man (soldier or not) like his little girl knowing that he needs comfort. Seeing the upset from the child's point of view.

That's my sentimental stuff for the day. Enjoy your class!

Anonymous said...

I like the second one better because I feel that it tells more of a story. Does the girl really exist, a figment of imagination or is she a remembrance of a daughter?