Mar 7, 2007

Emergency Bath

Warning...this is straight up Mommy Blog material. Continue at your own free will.




Bath night came early for Zane today. Why, you ask?





Take note of his hand and leg. Yes, that is poop! Believe me, even if it is your own kid, this is not cute. He was in his room for quiet time which has recently replaced nap time. I went in to tell him he could get up, only to discover this scene. Fortunately it wasn't as bad as it could have been. All poop was contained to his body and diaper, which thankfully, he was still wearing. On our way to the bathtub I tried to explain as age-appropriately as I could why playing with poop is a bad idea. Let's hope he gets it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you took a picture.

Derrick said...

I think you now belong to a special club.

It's one thing when us parents get poop on us from a fussy diaper change. It's another altogether to deal with this.

... and they say that a woman only "walks throught the valley of the shadow of death" when she's delivering. I call BS...

Team Manager said...

In my defense I had to take a picture so that Abe would not miss out on this, hopefully rare, "joy" of parenting!!

Edward said...

I did the same thing when I was a kid. My Mom was in the living room, and I was in another room in my crib, when she heard me giggling. She came in to see what I was up to, which for some reason was me playing with the doodie.

Fortunately she didn't take a picture.....

Rinny said...

He looks positively embarassed. Poor guy. And Abe's response was????

Team Manager said...

Abe appeared to be shocked and sympathetic but I know on the inside he was laughing and thinking "I'm glad I wasn't home for that one!"

We 4 King said...

Oh my goodness.. That face says it all! Freakin funny!! So happy you caught it on camera! I caught kiki at 19 months she had took off her diaper and was playing in a plastic tote .. She was yelling UCKY POOP!! and i didnt understand..but when i picked her up outta the tote.. There was a big terd in the bottom... Yep She sure was right..ICKY POOP! I too got a pic of it! =) Blackmail's a bitch! Mooooooooahahhahahahhaha

Anonymous said...

Oh, yea... Abe did this too! He was still in his crib at the time - a Jenny Lind style with lovely turned-wood bars - lots of little crevices to clean out, and on the wall and in his mouth, etc...

Im glad you got that picture - it's classic.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I've never ever heard of a kid doing this more than once. Small favors