I admit, I'm in a funk. It's obvious I've been in a blogging funk evidenced by the lack of activity here recently. But even just today I've been in a funk. I think the problem is that I spent way too much time at the computer this morning. I feel like little was accomplished and in the meantime other things were put on the back burner. Truth be told, more important things....like life. I'm coming out of it now, slowly returning to reality.
As you all know I am trying my hand at photography and am currently in a continuing education course at CTC. I don't think I have bitten off more than I can chew when it comes to photography alone. But with photography comes photo editing...in this case Adobe Photoshop. And it is SOOOOOOO overwhelming. There is so much to learn. I think I may be trying to learn too much too fast. What I need right now are BASIC editing skills. I need to pace myself and work up to the more artistic effects Photoshop has to offer. Baby steps.
I thought I would leave you with a couple shots I took at a carnival last night. Tracy and I went out in search of some sunset shots. We managed to get some, but there were no clouds and it was a pretty dull sunset. We got in some practice anyways. Then we headed over to the carnival that's in town and got in some more practice. These were my best 2 shots from the carnival. I think they are fun. They come to you completely unedited, straight out of the camera.


Sorry for the lame post. I'll do better post-funk, I'm just sure :)

3 comments:
More important things then photography and photoshop...are you sure? Surely you are joking.
Photoshop is easy once you get it...you'll get there it just takes time and lots of work, there are no shortcuts to learning anything about photography including photoshop.
Your carnival shots came out great...I haven't really looked at any of my pics from last night yet.
See ya in class!
I love the ferris wheel shot! Your new hobby, I have a feeling, will turn into something bigger. You are completely talented. I aspire to be talented. Outside of cakes. I need more practice. Funk away lady. Get it good and out of your system. Come and bowl with us! Bring the little tyke too!!!
Today I have also been low. Too much to do, no ambition, and thinking about a bunch of stuff that is pending. The day outside was beautiful, but these doldrum feelings shall pass. Stay strong before you know a new little guy will be in your arms in need of attention. mb from TC
Post a Comment