May 15, 2007

Update # 2

We heard from the Neurologist's office today. Dr. Crisp has reviewed the referral but apparently didn't receive any reports from the referring physician. At this point we don't know who dropped the ball. It could be Zane's PCM or the hospital that performed the tests after his first seizure. Fortunately we have copies of the results and can fax them to the doctor, if necessary. Anyways, the doctor would like Zane to have a Sleep Deprived EEG prior to coming in for his first visit. This means we will probably have to keep Zane up late the night before and wake him up early the day of the test. I should hear something tomorrow regarding the scheduling of this test. I feel like the wheels are in motion and hope we can continue moving forward with Dr. Crisp since it will be our most convenient option in terms of location.



In other news, Brody and I have Thrush. It is extremely painful to nurse him right now and has been for a couple days. I took Brody in to see his PCM today which is Ms. Gallup, a nurse practitioner and let me just say she is absolutely awesome. We got our prescriptions filled and both started our medication this evening and I hope to have some relief soon. While we were seeing Ms. Gallup for the thrush I spoke to her regarding Zane and his seizures. She was extremely helpful, asked a lot of questions and gave me lots of information. I plan to switch Zane from his current PCM, to Ms. Gallup just as soon as possible. So far we have been less than enthused with Zane's current PCM and would venture to say he and his staff are just about worthless. I even tried to leave a message for the doctor today and was told he doesn't call his patients. How's that for quality medical care?



Thanks again to everyone for all their well wishes and support. Today was a good day. I feel much better about the entire situation. Perhaps the initial shock of it all has finally passed. Let's hope we continue to get answers and in a timely manner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aileen has also suffered from thrush along with her infants while nursing. Yes, it is extremely painful. The medicine does seem to give a bit of relief is what she has told me. I hope this will soon pass for you & Brody. Am relieved there is a plan for Zane. Remember 'the squeaky wheel gets oiled'. Continue to follow up with the medical personnel to be sure they have all the records and reports. Good luck. mb from tc

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that you heard from the neurologist! I really hope things go smoothly from here on out. Did they say when he could get in there for his visit?

You know all of my favorite health care providers that I have had for the girls were always nurse practitioners, I wonder why that is? I hope you and Brody feel better soon!

Rinny said...

Isn't is amazing how any amount of good news just makes things seem better and a little more in control? Even just getting information from someone that knows what they are talking about.
Hope it continues that way and that the thrush passes. Although I admit I had to look it up.

Anonymous said...

So glad about you & Brody getting some help. Sorry you needed to have more help, but sounds as if you got a GOOD person with Brody that can help you with Zane. Even adult patients, these days , need a strong advocate..asking questions and behind the scenes working and a little guy like Zane needs even more! And he HAS it, from you. You are handling LOT , dear one, and so well!! Pat yourself on the back. Thanks for the updates. I search for them and so appeciate you. Prayers and love are with you every step of the way. Sending all of you my love, Granny

Melissa's Stampin' Spot said...

Mrs. Gallup is AWESOME!! Her kids used to swim on our swim team! Glad you got her she knows what she's talking about!!