May 20, 2007

Update # 4

Sorry I've been slow to post anything about the test on Friday. I don't have any information regarding results yet, but I can tell you about the process. We kept Zane up until midnight Thursday night and he actually did really well, not too grumpy. He wasn't happy Friday morning after I woke him up at 5am. But he was a real trooper. There was quite a bit of preparation involved for the EEG. The technician had to measure and mark his head to determine where to place the wires. Then she put a bunch of gel-like stuff on all the markings before taping the wires to his head. There were probably 25-30 wires all together. We told him he looked like a robot boy and he said he was a robot girl because he had long hair. He sat in Abe's lap for the entire test. It took Zane quite a while to settle down, he was just real fidgety, a little excited about the whole deal. We had to up the ante to 2 lollipops to get him to close his eyes long enough to fall asleep. They wanted him awake for part of the test and then at least drowsy if not sleeping for the rest of the test. He finally fell asleep, so the technician let the test run a little longer than usual to get a decent recording of him sleeping. I would say from start to finish we were probably in the room for about 1 1/2 hours. We all took naps after lunch. Zane's was 4 hours! Tuesday's appointment can't come soon enough. I hope they have some information for us and I can't wait to see what happens next.

3 comments:

Rinny said...

Here's hoping that you get lots of information to answer all questions in your head. And that it doesn't take a whole parcel of lollipops.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping for some good news for you guys on Tuesday! If only Zane knew that he could do soooo much better then lollipops!

Anonymous said...

Am confident results will be encouraging. Thanks for the update. mb from tc