Jun 26, 2007

Update # 9

Unfortunately there is an "update # 9" so soon after #8. I was hoping this would come a few weeks down the road and be filled with good news about how the medicine seems to be helping and Zane has been seizure-free. Unfortunately he has had 2 more seizures in the past 48 hours. He started his medication Thursday evening and is still only at 1/3 the dose they recommend (working up to it slowly). We called the Neurologist's office this morning but have not yet spoken to them, so unfortunately we don't have a lot of information yet. I imagine that it is probably too soon for the medicine to be working yet, but I am only speculating. I will update later once we know more.



In other medical news regarding Zane, he went to Ms. Gallup this morning for an appointment we scheduled several weeks back. She is putting in a referral for him to see a speech therapist. He will also be referred to a developmental pediatrician to discuss his lack of interest or inability (whatever the case may be) to potty train. He also has Molluscum on his buttocks which will be treated with Retin-A and should clear up in a few weeks.





With Zane and all of his medical needs and Abe and his occupational therapy and Brody and his well-baby visits, we have spent and will continue to spend lots of time at doctors' appointments. It is getting increasingly difficult to keep everything straight, but I guess that is what calendars are for. We are fortunate to have health insurance and so far it is damn good health insurance in terms of coverage. And as far as medical issues go, things could be much, much worse. We are very lucky.



I apologize to any of you who may be sick and tired of hearing about Zane and his medical issues. This blog has been a good way for me to keep our close friends and family informed. It is also the only device I utilize for keeping any kind of journal, so it has become my own way of keeping records. So if you don't like it, you will just have to skip over the "updates".

4 comments:

Tracy Morris said...

Well I for one like the updates, even though I usually hear it from you first. As far as all the appts go, at least you are great at keeping organized! And I agree, people complain a lot about Tricare, but personally I love it (the actual insurance not the clinics at Hood..haha). People who complain about it don't realize what an expensive problem health care is in the civilian world.
With a Momma like you, I am sure Zane is going to get everything he needs to be OK!

Rinny said...

I too appreciate the updates. It helps us keep informed as to how things are going without adding to barrage of phone calls, etc.

I am sorry to hear about the increase in activity, but glad that the meds are there and that you have medication personal that you trust and are comfortable with.

Calendars are a wonderful thing, my dear. And it sounds like you need about four of them!
Much love!

Anonymous said...

Keep the updates coming. Stay strong - I feel confident this will all work out o.k. in the end.

We 4 King said...

Beth I too am Thankful of your updates i dont think anyone is sick of it . I come on here to see what is happening. I pray for you guys and Your a great mom and have so much love for your family. Your doing a great job! I would be falling to pieces .