Jun 26, 2007

Update # 10

I spoke to Zane's nurse, Ms. Tyroch, this afternoon. She said it could take up to 6 weeks on the medication before determining if it is working or not. She inquired whether or not Zane is experiencing any side effects from the Trileptal and from what we can tell he isn't. So she had us up his dosage from 1 ml to 2 ml starting tonight, instead of waiting until Thursday night. I'm hoping the sooner we can get him to the full dosage, the sooner we will know if it is working. A week from now he will start the full dosage if he isn't experiencing any side effects. She was also able to pull some strings to get Zane in to see Dr. Crisp sooner than his September appointment. He will go back on July 10th and the doctor may do a blood test at that time to check the Trileptal levels. Zane is also scheduled for an MRI on July 25th and he will be sedated for it because he has to be perfectly still. And it may seem late in the game to be asking, but I didn't even know for certain what kind of seizures Zane has been having. She said they are Grand Mal seizures. Now hopefully I won't be writing update #11 until July 10th.

2 comments:

troglodytis said...

do keep them coming. as said b4, it's a great way to keep me updated w/o me having to bug ya all the time.

good luck with all the juggling.

Anonymous said...

Beth, You are a real doll and I wait anxiously to read EVERY update that you send. THANK YOU for taking time to write this. I am so grateful to you. I'm sorry that Zane has had other seizures...but I have faith that the medication is still on a trial and error stage and that the medicine will stop the seizues once they get adjusted to his needs. Sending a quote sent back from the prayer group of friends..." Little Zane is a REAL trooper...I'm so proud of that cute little boy!" I couldn't agree more. He's just a special little Guy whom I love and adore and I'm a believer that all will be well for him as soon as his needs are calculated medically. I'm sending info from my vintage years of looking back: Children pay more attention to what their parents DO than what their parents SAY and you and Abe...are such troopers yourself...that Zane is one too. Zane will over come this!! Please keep us informed and know that invisable arms are around all of you...along with our prayers...because you are SO VERY MUCH LOVED....by so many. Count me as one..I love you, Granny