Our "little" Zane is going to school this fall. He is only 3 but there is a pre-kindergarten program for 3 year olds in Copperas Cove that we are going to take advantage of. It is something I have been debating over for a few months now, but I went yesterday and got him registered. It is free for military families and he has the option of going from 7:30-3:00, Monday-Friday, just like the big kids. We are going to start with that schedule and see how it goes, but if it is too much for him we can scale it back to half days. We have our school supply list and a date and time to meet his teacher. I'm very excited about it, but I know I am going to miss him terribly. I am already getting choked up thinking about it. I think it will be good for him. The program for that age level is heavily play based, meaning he won't be sitting at a desk all day. They get the kids up and moving as much as they can. And they provide some quiet/nap time, as well. He will have PE or music class every day. It was suggested to us that we go meet with the school nurse prior to school starting to give her a heads up about his seizure disorder. My hope is that we have his seizures under control by then and it will remain a non-issue.


He may be growing up, but there is still time to be silly.
Brody and I are having a taste of what it will be like this fall. Today Abe and Zane are at Sea World in San Antonio. They are spending the day with some of Abe's work buddies. In fact, it is a work-related field trip. I decided it would be best to stay home with Brody because I am sure it would be too hot for him outdoors all day.
So he is just chillin'. And he's tricky, too. I tried to lay down for a nap with him but he kept waking up, so I never got to sleep. But when I finally gave up he went to sleep for going on 2 hours now. I'm just gonna get some things done while I can and hopefully get to some scrappin' before the day is through.



3 comments:
Beth,
Aw-w-w, how sweet the pictures of such adorable subjects!! You should know they are treasured pictures to us!! Granny dotes on them!! Mom, you are becoming a GREAT photographer to add to your many other accomplishments. Thanks so much and my love come with this message...Granny
No big shockers here, but both your boys are adorable.
I am sure Zane will do wonderfully in school! Plus he will look darn cute in a back pack!
You have to watch out for those tricky babies!
Love the photos, love the post processing on Zane's and the lighting in Brody's is great!!
Post a Comment