Aug 20, 2007

Another weekend gone by

We kept busy this weekend...our last weekend before a major lifestyle change for the entire family. We kicked things off Saturday by going to Fort Worth to see the Star Wars exhibit at the Ft. Worth Museum of Science and History. It was crowded and a bit warm but we had a good time. Zane really enjoyed seeing all the cool Star Wars stuff which made the trip worthwhile for me. Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars but I'm no fanatic. After the exhibit we played in their Dino Dig area for a little bit. You can see pics from our trip in the photo collection.







After the museum we drove over to Whole Foods in Arlington to see if they had any of the specialty items that will come in handy for Zane's diet. It was overwhelming considering I don't know what I'm doing yet or exactly what I'm looking for. But we managed to find a few things that I've read about. Hopefully we won't have to do much shopping there because we literally spent $60 on 10 items. Ouch!




From there we went back to Ft. Worth and ate dinner at Joe T. Garcia's. It is a great Mexican restaurant that was established in 1935. Abe had been there when he was like 9 or 10, but I had never heard of it. Their flour tortillas are the best I've ever had. The building isn't much to look at from the outside but inside it is absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend trying them if you are ever in the area.





Sunday we headed down to IKEA in Round Rock to find some items that should also come in handy with Zane's diet. I also needed to buy him a curtain rod for his room. We found some fun stuff to include funky ice cube trays (to make fun popsicles), colorful bendable straws, small dishes for weighing Zane's food and small plates (to make his meals look bigger). Of course we bought several other things as well. I love IKEA...fun and affordable. We met our Austin friends for lunch at Carino's. It is always good to see them, so we had a really nice time.





We made it home mid afternoon. I had about an hour to knock out some laundry before heading on post to do a photo shoot for a friend. One of the pilots Abe works with is getting married soon and his fiance wanted to have some bridal pics taken in front of the Chinook. It is a surprise for him and she plans to display them at the reception. She had her gown on and had her hair styled. The conditions weren't ideal for outdoor photos, but we made the best of it and I hope to have captured something she will really like. It's good practice for me, if nothing else. And to take the pressure off me she will be having a traditional bridal photo session with her wedding photographer.





From there I headed over to Janet and Phil's for some home cooked spaghetti. Abe and the boys met me there. Zane got to play with his little buddy, Gabe. The food was delicious and they even sent us home with leftovers which will be great to have on-hand this week. A big thanks to the Lopez family. We got home and put the boys to bed. We knocked out a few more things that needed doing before hitting the hay.





It was nice to have so much going on over the weekend. You should know by now how I like to keep busy. It was a great distraction and somewhat productive at the same time. I plan to post another update regarding Zane and what's going on with his new diet later today. Probably tonight after getting home from the hospital.

1 comment:

Rinny said...

It is always good to see y'all too. Zane's package got mailed today so should be there Tuesday or Wednesday.