Aug 6, 2007

The Fun Stuff

Immediately after picking Abe and Zane up from the hospital Saturday morning we headed to Marble Falls. A group of friends from Abe's days in junior high and high school were gathered at a Lake House for the weekend. This has been in the works for a year (give or take) and we had intended to go Friday evening, but Zane wasn't released from the hospital yet. We joined the party in progress and were thankful to make it at all. We returned home earlier today. This is a great bunch of people with a powerful bond. They have lots of stories to tell and truly enjoy each other's company. I've met most of the group in the past but this is the first reunion of it's kind, so it was nice being able to spend some quality time with them. We hope to make it an annual affair. I'll have lots of pictures to share once I get them edited. Here are a couple of group shots taken yesterday....













This trip was a great distraction for us and definitely good for our souls. Thanks gang!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for you!! So glad you went to Marble Falls!! The Soul needs nourishment too. And friends can do that for you!! Love, Granny

Tracy Morris said...

I am so happy you guys had a good time. Taking care of your soul is definitely important. I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you had a fun weekend. mb from tc

Rinny said...

I too am thrilled that y'all were able to make it. And I had a wonderful time being able to talk with you and hang out with your family this weekend. And yes....a Wii party is definitely in order!

Tracy Morris said...

Good luck finding a Wii Jacquot...the first one that finds it's way to Killeen is our's!! We have first dibs. We have called every store in a 50mile radius 3 times looking for one.

troglodytis said...

ugh.

what a complete waste of a perfectly good weekend. never again.

i'm still recovering and loving it.

Jenna said...

I am so jealous! It looks like you had a great time. I loved all the pics and video clips. Was Abe actually licking a dead fish from that nasty water?? I'm really bummed I missed it. :-( Maybe next year...