Zane had a grand mal seizure Friday evening while playing in the hospital's playroom. He was released from the hospital Saturday morning. He had a little diarrhea but was doing pretty good otherwise. He had another grand mal on Sunday morning just after waking up and another one this morning before waking up. They have been on the shorter side, lasting about 1-2 minutes. He is becoming more and more resistant about taking his medicine. We have to grind up the Chlorazapate and empty the Zonegran capsules into juice and apparently that is not hiding the flavor well enough. We have tried other things like milk, yogurt, ice cream, etc. I imagine it tastes really nasty and come medicine time he is not happy. We've worked on swallowing pills with little success. Perhaps it's time to give it another try. I feel so bad for the little guy. He's always been so good about taking medicine that I know this stuff really must be awful for him to put up a fight.
He is in good spirits and carrying on pretty close to normal as far as his personality is concerned. I can still see a big difference in his speech and motor skills. He seems slightly irritable as well, which is one thing Dr. Crisp said we might expect with the Keppra. We see Dr. Crisp tomorrow afternoon so I imagine I will have another update tomorrow evening.
Thanks again to all our wonderful friends and family for the kind comments, emails, phone calls, visits and gifts. We are deeply touched by everyone's generosity. I can't imagine going through this without the support of all of you.

No comments:
Post a Comment