As far as seizures go, Zane had a great day...zero. However he still had an incident at school. He was bitten by a female classmate. According to Ms. Bravo he was completely innocent in the matter. They were playing with Play-Doh when the girl snatched it up and ran off. Zane followed her and asked nicely to have it back. She refused and bit him on the wrist. He cried and when the teacher looked over the girl was standing against the wall with the Play-Doh behind her back. She didn't deny anything, actually I guess she didn't say anything. Zane told them what happened. Ms. Bravo said they know Zane doesn't lie. He went to the nurse and the girl went to the office and was written up. It doesn't look like she broke the skin, but he will definitely have a bruise and I can see teeth marks. Zane now knows to go straight to the teacher should there be another issue with that girl, or just avoid her all together. On the ride home he kept talking about how Peter Parker was bit by a spider in the first Spiderman movie. I asked if he would turn into a girl and he said no, he would turn into Spiderman.
In other news, we got his first Progress Report today. The teacher said "Zane likes to play with puzzles. Zane also likes to play with toy cars and foam blocks. Zane plays cooperatively with the other students. We are happy to have Zane in our class." I know it's small potatoes to most but I am awfully proud of him. Especially knowing what he is going through physically right now. He is handling school like a champ. In my conversation with Ms. Bravo after school she also mentioned that they are always bragging about how polite Zane is and that he has great manners. Hopefully he can keep it up the rest of the year. For now my heart is pumped full of pride.

2 comments:
awww, you should be proud. You should kick that little girl in the head the next time you see her too. ;-) Just kidding. My 6 year old son got bitten in the face when he was 4 at daycare. Boy, was I upset at that little monster biter!
Nicole
Small Potatoes! I think not!
Love, Nana
Post a Comment