This is the result of another drop seizure. It happened yesterday while Zane was playing with puzzles at school. When he fell to the floor he hit his chin on the table. The nurse put ice on it and called us to let us know what had happened. He was back in class by that point and doing fine. Abe was actually the one who took the call. I was at the grocery store. As you can imagine our hearts start pounding every time we see the school calling. I took this picture today. It looks worse than it is I guess, because Zane hasn't complained about it at all. Fortunately he had school pictures last week!!
We had a great weekend in North Texas. I hope to update later with pics from our trip to the zoo. Zane did well being away from home for the first time on his diet. There were a few occasions when he was eating side by side with his friend Claire and he didn't ask for what she was having. We didn't run into any major problems but I did learn a couple of things I would do differently next time.
Last week Zane had a total of 14 seizures. The previous week he had 10. I'm still waiting for the increased Keppra to kick in. But every time he has another seizure my heart just sinks and I feel like we are getting nowhere. I also wish the diet was doing more in the way of seizure control. Instead of seeing a decrease in seizure activity we have seen an increase in the past few weeks. I guess all we can do is keep on trying and hope for the best. He has been seizure free so far today....hopefully he can remain that way for the next couple hours before bed. Unfortunately his seizure-free days have been few and far between these past couple of weeks.

2 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a good time at the zoo and in North Texas! I'm sad to hear about Zane though, I hope he made it through the day seizure free.I can only imagine how hard it is, but you guys are doing an awesome job. Zane is very lucky to have you.
Beth - continue to stay strong and believe that this diet is going to eventually work out. I ache for all of you and especially your little guy, Zane. You are in our prayers. mb from tc
Post a Comment