
....Here comes something greener....

Yup, we bought a new car. We traded in the gas guzzling Durango for a 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid. It's always exciting to have a new car, until the first payment comes due, HA! Zane seems to like it except for the fact that it doesn't have a DVD player. He doesn't know how good he has it. I ought to tell him about the road trips Mommy used to take growing up. Not only did we not have a DVD player, we hardly had room for toys after piling a family of 8 into the Chrysler boat my parents used to own. Someone usually slept on the floor, under everybody's feet. And sometimes pets were along for the ride, as well. With a short-tempered father you can imagine the "fun" we had driving straight through from Texas to Wisconsin year after year! But I digress.



I plan to drive this car until it can drive no further. That or Zane buys it from us when he gets his license. That could be in as little as 12 years, yikes! But if I have my way, he won't be driving until he's 28. Let's face it, 16 year olds have no business driving. I digress again.
I love the car. I have to thank Abe for making it happen. He negotiated the deal. We are still adjusting to the size difference between it and the Durango, but that won't take long. I was totally ready to downsize. Oh and if you step outside and are blinded by a bright light, that's me smiling at the gas pumps. We will get double the gas mileage of the Durango. Yipee!

8 comments:
New cars are the absolute BEST! I hop you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours. Don't you wish you could bottle the new car smell???
Looks like a mom car..haha..just kidding you are mom I guess so it fits. Very nice. I am sure the gas mileage will be wonderful! Me, I love new cars so much that I can't ever imagine keeping one for that long. 3 years is my max I think. All though the Jeep is like 7 months old and I still love it lol. Congrats!
Although I understand the reasoning behind the decision, I have to imagine that Abe has to miss the HEMI at least a little bit.
That new hybrid ought to make it a lot more fun to drive back and forth to North Texas! Congratulations on going green! Oh - and it looks like Brody might be pretty interested in driving that car soon, too.
Love, Nana
Little Mom, Beth,
How smart of you to get a car that is energy efficent. I wish mine were. I'm in a gas guzzler...because it is paid for...but...before long...I won't be able to afford the gas. Your car is beautiful!! So glad you have it. In the first picture, I thought it was Brody driving. Ha,ha, and I've HAVE had surgery on my eyes and good vision now. Have fun driving. It's beautiful. Sending my love to all and especially your " designated drivers" Zane, and Brody. Love each one of you, Granny
Love the new car. I especially love the color. My previous next door neighbor has this car and absolutely loves it.
As for our new car, the tire blew out going 70mph and cost us a pretty penny to fix it. I think I shed a few tears. Darn those expensive tires! Truthfully, we are just glad to be alive.
I like your way of thinking about keeping it for Zane or Brody. I may do that for our kiddos.
CONGRATS!!! :)
I agree with you about 16 year olds and I will opt to chauffeur my kids around until they are 18.
Yay for hybrids!! Its snazzy too, love the red!
Post a Comment