I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was excellent. It went by quickly despite gaining an hour. We were in North Texas. My brother and his fiance had an engagement party at Maggiano's Friday night. I'm speaking of my baby brother, the youngest of my siblings. He and his girlfriend of 9 years are getting married next October. Frankly I don't see what the big rush is. But they are happy so I'm happy.
Saturday I was able to see an old friend from high school. We had lunch together at one of my favorite places I don't get around here, Steak and Shake. She and I have not seen each other since 1996, and have only recently gotten back in touch so we had a lot of catching up to do. It was so good to see her and it felt so comfortable, as if we had never been out of touch.
The rest of the day was spent at my sister's place. My entire family was there for the afternoon/evening and we played lots of cards. That is our favorite pastime. Zane got to run around with his cousins, Gabe and Jake. Those boys have such a blast together. I hope they will always remain close. I already know Brody will be accepted once he is old enough because Jake is very attached to him. He was constantly checking on Brody and playing with him. He asks a lot of questions, too. This is the same nephew that asks about Mackie everytime we see him. I'm quite sure he needs a little pet or sibling to look after.
Sunday morning we had a photo shoot in my sister's garage. She wanted pics of her family and needs them in time to send them out with her Christmas cards. Unfortunately I don't know how many good ones I got. My nephew, Gabe, was having a hard time. Come to find out later he might have the flu. After we left he was running a fever and vomiting. Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon. I haven't downloaded the pics yet. Hopefully there will be a few good ones for me to post.

2 comments:
Sounds like y'all had a fun weekend...i think i forget what that's like. i have decided i hate the weekends now...anywho...glad ya had some fun =)
You take some fabulous pictures. I know you have your hands full, but you should definitely take professional pictures, or have you already? I might have to beg you to take some pictures of my kids. You do a great job. And, I am so glad to hear you had a great weekend.
Post a Comment