Nov 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Eve

Today was very eventful around the Jacquot house in preparation for tomorrow's feast. We are planning to have 10 adults and 6 children around the table(s) tomorrow so I thought it best to knock out all of the cooking today that I possibly could. I made cornbread muffins, a broccoli-tomato salad, whipped cream, chocolate swirl cheesecake, baked the rolls and made Zane's dessert (keto peanut butter cookies). That still leaves me with quite a bit to get done tomorrow plus some last minute cleaning. I love every minute of it though. Which brings me to my final list of things I'm thankful for.



  1. I'm thankful for having family and friends to share the holidays with.
  2. I'm thankful for hearing the sound of children's laughter on a daily basis.
  3. I'm thankful for tickle fights with my boys.
  4. I'm thankful for my freedom.
  5. I'm thankful this concludes my 8 Days of Thanks. It was harder than I anticipated. At times I felt I was coming across as materialistic. Perhaps I need to work on that. I'm glad I stuck with the lists, though, because it made me reflect on the good things in life.



I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving, wherever you may be. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I count each one of you on Team Jacquot as one of my blessings and I love you,
Granny