Nov 21, 2007

One of those moments...

Zane had to go have some blood drawn for lab work since the last sample was botched. His appointment was this morning and had I not looked at my calendar just as it was time to go we would have missed the appointment. So we scooted out the door in a hurry all the while Zane was nervously asking "I'm going to get shots?". I said "no, you don't have to get any shots" hoping that would satisfy him but he immediately asked "they're going to take blood". Yikes. I was afraid if he knew he would flip out and I wouldn't be able to get him in the car. So I got him strapped in and prepped him on the road. He didn't freak out, he said he was going to be a brave boy. And that's exactly what he told everyone he saw on the way into the dreaded chair.



I held him in my lap. He got more and more nervous as the tech started laying out the supplies. But he kept saying he would be brave. He screamed out as she inserted the needle but he never actually cried. He exclaimed "that doesn't hurt" but say it to yourself as if he said "that hurts!" because that's how it sounded. They got it done quickly and he really was a brave boy. They offered him stickers and if it was ok with Mom (gotta appreciate that) he could have a sucker. I asked him "what do you say about the sucker?" He politely told them "no sucker, I have a magic diet". Ooooh, another proud moment.



As we left I could tell he was beaming with pride. And me, I felt like my heart was gonna burst! So brave, that one.

3 comments:

Rinny said...

What an awesome boy!!

Tracy Morris said...

Aw Zane rocks!!
Me and the girls all got flu shots today and I wish they were that brave...haha!!

Anonymous said...

awww, what a precious story. You gave me goosebumps. There is nothing like a mother's love.

Nicole