Dec 6, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...





Immediately after picking Zane up from school yesterday we headed to a tree farm in Salado. Don't let the long-sleeves and jeans fool you. It was 75 degrees outside, at least. Abe was not too happy when I asked him to wear jeans, but I just couldn't have shorts in the pics of us getting our Christmas tree. Call me crazy, but it just isn't right. For the most part we were the only ones there. Zane kept himself busy making rock soup while we hunted for the perfect tree.







Then we took advantage of a few of the farm's attractions; swings, hayride and a large area of hay to play in. I know Zane enjoyed himself and Brody, well he was just as good as he always is.







This particular swing session did not end well. As you can see Zane is on my lap and all was well until the very end. We hit some turbulence and had a not-so-smooth landing. Zane hit the ground and immediately said "I okay". I on the otherhand, skinned up my elbow pretty good. It didn't tear my shirt but I have a patch of skin missing. But it was worth it.



We got home and worked on getting the tree settled in its' new home, our living room. Then we strung the lights and hung the decorations. Zane was very helpful with that, which you can see for yourself in the photo collection at right. In fact, all our pics from the farm are there too.



Throughout the night Zane kept saying "this is the best Christmas ever!" I couldn't agree with him more.

4 comments:

troglodytis said...

crazy

it's spelled T...E...X...A...S
it's warm
even on xmas
except sometimes, but we don't know what time that some is.

Tracy Morris said...

Sorry you got injured, but it looks like ya had some fun so its all good! Your pics make me want to forgo the fake tree this year...

We Four Explorers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
We Four Explorers said...

Glad you had fun at the farm. We've had our tree since Monday night, but just had the chance last night to finally decorate it! And yes, it's hard to believe that Christmas is around the corner....it's too hot! But Troglodytis is right, it IS Texas! See ya tomorrow. J~