Jan 24, 2008

Sophisticated Palate

Brody has had the great opportunity to try a couple of new foods today. At his last appointment Ms. Gallup said we could introduce egg whites and then egg yolks if he tolerated the whites okay. But I talked to my friend, Jenny, who has twin girls under the age of one and she was told and found online to start with the yolks first. So today I said what the hell and served up scrambled eggs with cheese. I didn't separate anything. He loved them. Here he is looking all tough...








and coy...







until he finally broke...







And for lunch today he had macaroni and cheese for the fist time. He really seemed to enjoy that too. I'm looking forward to phasing out the jarred baby foods. For one, I think they are turning his nose yellow (almost all of them contain carrots). And for two, they are just plain expensive.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does he get any cuter?? I mean really? My sister Shannon wants to steal him! :)

Rinny said...

Well, yes....I can see a little orange/yellow nose in the tough picture.....alas....it does not get rid of the cuteness. Heaven forbid we have a little girl. I can't imagine having to choose between Brody or Zane to set her up with. They still do arranged marriages, right?

Lora said...

Jake was orange by the time he was Brody's age too! baby omelets are huge in my house too (i mix egg and cheese in a coffee mug and microwave it for one minute. genius!!) and mac and cheese! and cheese. and cheese. and cheese.

Anonymous said...

The girls love eggs with cheese! You can do so many things with the micro, too. It is much cheaper AND it hasn't been in a jar for a year! Try peeling and chopping a fresh apple, then microwave it covered for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes. I add a dab of butter and cinnamon. JR

NesrstaFamily said...

That first picture kills me! He is so darn cute...love it.

Planet Dixon said...

Cutie pie!!! Mac-n-cheese is Brady's number one fav. I can't get him to eat eggs much. Actually, lately it is hard to talk him into anything other than popcorn. :)