Feb 25, 2008

It's A Sickness, Really

This morning while I was in my bathroom, Brody was playing in the corner of my bedroom. He decided it would be fun to pull on the floor lamp, only this time it went crashing to the floor. Since I didn't hear any immediate crying my first thought was "damn, there goes the nicest thing we own", well actually it's not, but it is one of the few things in our bedroom that isn't second hand. Secondly I checked to make sure he was alright and he was. Now I'd like to say the sequence of events that unraveled as I worked to clean up the mess are just down right efficient and thorough, but I'm afraid it's probably more on the abnormal side. Check it out...
  • Open curtains and blinds in room to see the glass
  • Holy $#!%, look at the dust on that and that and oh my, I can't breathe
  • Pick up as much glass as possible with hands
  • Now I've got to dust before I vacuum...it's that whole "work from the top-down" theory
  • Dust this, that and the other as well as clean the glass on the front of our framed King Kong poster
  • Since I have the Pledge in hand I might as well dust the buffet clear across the room
  • I can't put dusty pictures on top of a clean buffet, plus I do have the Windex in the room, so...
  • 10 picture frames later...maybe it's safe to vacuum now
  • Vacuum entire room because well, that room just doesn't get vacuumed very often
  • En route to return Pledge to the kitchen, I might as well dust the very dusty piano since I'm walking right past it

Needless to say I have a rather clean bedroom (and piano) now, all because Brody broke the floor lamp. Now this is the part you tell me "you're crazy, but you're not alone."

8 comments:

Rinny said...

I don't think you are crazy at all. I have a feeling that we all have that inner dialogue.

Chief Family Officer said...

Girl, you know I'm right with you! It's called OCD, you know....they have meds for that :)

Edward said...

You should contact Procter & Gamble; they may need a new spokesperson for their Swiffer Duster

Tracy Morris said...

hmm, well i am like that all of the time and it doesn't require anyone breaking anything...so i think your good to go!

troglodytis said...

that piano has never had more than 5 specks of dust on it at any one time.

we drove it 16 hours, unloaded it, and then *POW* it was dusted.

NesrstaFamily said...

two things: a) I am with you on this. I prolly pledge my wood weekly and b) I love bullets! keep on keepin on girl!

Yeah....ummm...after reading the dialogue from column (a), I realize that it doesn't sound so good, but I am gonna keep it anyways because it is just plain funny. Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

wow, all that and no picture documentation? Im trying to picture the lamp - and the look on Brody's face when he got found out.

Im probably not nearly as ocd as you are, but once you start cleaning up a mess, I know you might as well finish it right, right?

Next we need to know what Brody threw around while you were doing all that cleaning???? Where's the video?
Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

you're crazy...oh wait, what was that other part? lol


why else would we get along so well?